Monday, July 2, 2012

Prayer Requests

Yesterday was the start of a new chapter in my life--something that I have never dreamed up of becoming. Yesterday started a chapter in my life where I would really have to depend on God. Yesterday I became the Lead Pastor of our outreach--MCF Olandes.

As a newbie in this kind of work, there were things that I immediately noticed that I and the church need. I listed them down as prayer requests that I hope God would answer. These are things that I think need personally for the ministry and some of them things that the ministry needs. 

  • A Laptop (Preferably a new one with an i5 or i7 cpu with NVIDIA dedicated graphics). I need this to make my work (Message Prep, Teaching Prep, Letters, Documents, etc. much more easier and efficient) [I thank the Lord that a friend of mine is pledging to give me his old laptop, an i3 acer laptop, guess if I just have to upgrade it or something)
  • A New Smartphone. I Believe I need a phone to doodle and jot down notes whenever ideas pop into my mind wherever I go and occasional SNS such as Facebook.
  • A Portable Music Device such as an Ipod touch. This is for playing music and podcasts and playing games for occasional recreation (as well as doodling and jotting down notes) 
  • A Digital Camera. I would need to document some of the happenings in the ministry for our supporters. We want to share with them joy of what God is doing in this side of the planet.
  • Books: These are books that I need for the personal growth in the ministry and reference books for Preaching and Teaching opportunities:
  • Expositor's Bible Commentary: Abridged (2 Volumes) by John R. Kohlenberger III, Kenneth L. Barker 
  • Bible Knowledge Commentary (2 Volumes) by John F. Walvoord, Roy B. Zuck
  • Systematic Theology by Wayne Grudem 
  • Christian Theology by Millard Erickson
  • Communicating for a Change by Andy Stanley, et. al.
  • Making Vision Stick by Andy Stanley, et. al.
  • 7 Practices of Effective Ministry by Andy Stanley, et. al.
  • Bookshelf. I need a bookshelf to organize my books and keep them safe.
  • Study Stable. I need table to study with.
  • Cocktail Table to replace the pulpit in the church.
  • 3 Samson Q7 Mics with Mic cable. (hopefully we could upgrade to Shure Mics in the future)
  • Sound Mixer. Preferably A 6 to 8 channel Mackie Mixer for the sound in the church.
  • Acoustic Guitar with pick-ups 2 pcs. For the Music and P/W.
  • A Bass Guitar (Yamaha/Ibanez/Washburn,etc). Again for the Music and P/W
  • A Bass Guitar Amplifier. Preferable from Hartke.
  • A Keyboard. Preferably a 61 Key Roland or Korg Keyboard.
  • Zildjian Cymbals (HH, Crash, Ride) for our Drums. To make the Cymbal/Drum Sounds Better. (Hopefully in the future we could upgrade our drums as well.)
  • Samson Concert Q77 Fitness Kit. I want to try hands free preaching.
  • LCD Projector. To project songs and preaching and announcements clearer and bigger.
  • 2 pcs. Piece Stand. For our song leaders and backup.
  • Drum Throne. Our drummer needs the right chair for playing the drums. 
  • Volunteer Leaders/Staff/Musicians/Teachers for the church from our members/attenders.
  • A bigger place where we could transfer as our house of worship to accommodate more people and provide children's ministry during the service.

I write these things as a list of prayer requests and wait for God as He answers them. I will update this list to add new ones and highlight the ones as I see it being answered. I pray that this list become testimony of God as He proves that He is truly our Jehovah Jireh.

No comments: