Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Who Can Stop The Lord? Isaiah 14:24-27

'The Lord Almighty has sworn, “Surely, as I have planned, so it will be, and as I have purposed, so it will happen. I will crush the Assyrian in my land; on my mountains I will trample him down. His yoke will be taken from my people, and his burden removed from their shoulders.” 

This is the plan determined for the whole world; this is the hand stretched out over all nations. For the Lord Almighty has purposed, and who can thwart him? His hand is stretched out, and who can turn it back? '

Isaiah 14:24-27
https://my.bible.com/bible/111/ISA.14.24-27

Some of the things that the Bible makes clear is this: If the Lord purposed something to happen; what the Lord has purposed, no one can stop and when He starts accomplishing His purposes, no one will be able to turn it back. 

It is both amazing and terrifying that this God is the God we serve. He is fully sovereign in what He wants to do. Though, sometimes we read that He responds to the thoughts, words and actions of people, still He is unmatched if He wants something done.

And this God is our Abba, Our Father in heaven. What he purposed for our lives, no one can stop, no one can change his mind about it. He will accomplish what He wants accomplished.


No comments: